Real Time Tracking vs. Notification Tracking for School Buses
School Bus tracking has received a lot of traction in the past few months. There has been a stupendous rise in the number of companies providing tracking solutions to schools, claiming to provide real-time tracking of school buses. School personnel who are not much aware of the technical terms, end up using out-moded tracking systems that only provide them real-time notifications in name of real-time tracking.
In this blog post, we apprise you with the difference between real-time tracking systems and real-time notification tracking. There is a sea of difference between them both, that you must know in order to make the right choice.
Notification-Based Bus Tracking System
- A notification-based bus tracking system conveys the current location of the bus through messages in inbox or notifications. Such systems are a good location tracker but fail to alert schools/parents about any emergency.
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), barcode scanning are the technologies that usually back notification-based trackers. These are track-&-trace technologies, which do not give an option for real-time monitoring and require intensive man hour for implementation.
- Notification-based trackers keep schools and parents informed about bus-location at different time intervals. However, a no-track for vehicle movement does not offer help to manage emergencies.
Real-Time School Bus Tracking System
- As the name suggests, a real-time bus tracker will enable you to monitor the real-time location of the school bus on Google maps on your mobile. The movement of the vehicle will be clearly evident on your mobile screen.
- Applications with real-time monitoring are backed with high-end GPS trackers, thereby giving all stakeholders more reliable information, faster
- Real-time tracking will reduce the reaction-time to scenarios like breakdown, route-changes, unscheduled stoppage, speed violation, etc.
- Most importantly, since tracking is possible on multiple mobile devices, you can have a dedicated parent app that will allow parents to track their kid’s school bus, sparing them the waiting time at school bus stops every day
While the rest of the features and functionalities may vary, it is always a great decision to go for the real-time bus tracking system, for the fact that they offer a rigid and transparent security solution. It can be installed on multiple mobile devices, for instance, providing access to parents while their children are in transit.