5 Ways to Manage School Transport System with Virtual Monitoring of Buses
Keeping security of students upfront, school authorities have been making remarkable investments in school transportation system. Therefore, in order to make the system profitable, it is important to improve its efficiency by keeping a track of the ROI (which in this case is the cost and security).
Virtual monitoring of buses is one of the most reliable ways school authorities can keep a tab on transportation system. Here are 5 ways in which real-time tracking of school bus through GPS can help to make transportation system more efficient.
1. Monitor fuel costs: GPS-enabled school bus tracking system gives an overview of ignition on/off, number of miles that a school bus covered, the route followed, and time taken to complete a trip. On tracking these factors, the transport authorities can keep a record of fuel consumption and manage it accordingly.
2. Track Driver’s Behaviour: Drivers play an important role in ensuring that students commute to and from school safely. For that matter, keeping a track of driver’s behaviour (while they drive) is significant. Speed of vehicle, stoppage time, unscheduled stoppages are some of the factors that should be analyzed to ensure that drivers understand their responsibility towards security of students.
3. Manage fleet inventory: School transportation system comprises of bus fleet and tracking all of them at once is a real challenge. With school bus monitoring systems, the transport authorities can virtually follow all the buses in real-time, their movement, and also manage the drivers on duty (with GPS device number and location details).
4. Act in emergency scenarios: Unusual events can happen on the way, ranging from bus breakdown to natural calamity. When the responsible authorities are notified about it, immediate actions can be taken to ascertain that students get back home safely and their parents are informed about the delay as well.
5. Check transportation rules: At the end if every month, it is important to audit if the rules set by transportation authorities are followed or not. By recording drivers’ activities, route diversions, breakdown scenarios etc., actions can be taken to improve the transportation system, such as introducing new rules or amending the existing ones.
How to track school buses virtually?
For tracking school buses in real-time and measure the metrics shared above, the most responsible solution is GPS-enabled school bus tracking app.
Mobile apps like Yellow.Live enable school transport authorities keep a track of fuel costs, manage fleet inventory, record driver’s behaviour, and more. This ultimately helps to make the transport system more efficient, giving a clear picture of the ROI received.